The Shoplifting Theft Offender Program is an educational awareness and prevention program for persons charged with Theft Offenses.
- Clients may be referred directly by a Judge, a Pretrial Officer, a Probation Officer or by an Attorney.
- The Offender Education Program may be used as a part of a Pretrial Diversion Program or Post-Trial as a condition of sentencing.
- A cognitive approach is used with emphasis on understanding the consequences of behavior.
- Each participant receives a workbook. Interaction among class members plays a vital role in developing awareness and responsibility for criminal behavior.
- Each class meets for one 3-hour session
- Class fee is paid by the client at the time of the class. Cash or Money Order ONLY.
- There is NO cost to the Court to operate this program.
- The referral source is provided with a certificate of completion for each person who attends the class.
- All administrative work is handled by S.T.O.P.
CLASSES IN VIRGINIA AND DC METRO AREA